221,949 visits per year resulted in:
- $6,484,911 in visitor spending within 30 miles of the Corps lake.
- $4,313,277 in sales within 30 miles of the Corps lake.
- 55 of jobs within 30 miles of the Corps lake.
- $1,803,843 in labor income within 30 miles of the Corps lake.
- $3,746,512 in value added within 30 miles of the Corps lake.
With multiplier effects, visitor trip spending resulted in:
- $7,235,877 in total sales.
- 77 of jobs.
- $2,728,516 in labor income.
- $5,439,849 in value added (wages & salaries, payroll benefits, profits, rents, and indirect business taxes).
Benefits in Perspective
The money spent by visitors to Corps lakes on trip expenses adds to the local and national economies by supporting jobs and generating income. Visitor spending represents a sizable component of the economy in many communities around Corps lakes.
Detailed economic impact report for HILLSDALE LAKE.
How these numbers were calculated.